Making the decision to terminate a pregnancy is never easy and there are many things to take into consideration. However, if you decide it is the right option for you, Clinic 66 is there and you can always pay a visit.
The process will be much less stressful and scary if you know what to expect before the procedure, during the procedure and how to look after yourself after the procedure.
In general, abortion clinics in Sydney will give you advice about after care before you leave. However, if you want to know a bit more about pregnancy termination aftercare, keep reading.
What to expect after visiting an abortion clinic in Sydney
A pregnancy termination can be incredibly stressful and will have an impact on your body. This is why it is so important to understand which side effects are normal and which you should be worried about.
Most women experience some normal side effects, which can be lessened by taking ibuprofen, applying heat and resting. However, if you feel as though you are having abnormal side effects, you should contact a medical professional immediately.
Normal side effects
- One of the most common side effects after a pregnancy termination is bleeding. Some women may not experience any bleeding, while others may have bleeding that lasts from between 2-6 weeks after the termination.
- Another normal side effect for many women is cramping; this cramping is actually necessary for the uterus to return to its non-pregnant size. The pain from cramps can be reduced by taking ibuprofen, heat and rest.
Abnormal side effects
- If you experience prolonged heavy bleeding, or large blood clots you may need to contact the abortion clinic in Sydney or go to emergency at the hospital.
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Still feeling pregnant (morning sickness, fatigue) more than two weeks after the procedure.
Rest and recovery
The abortion clinic in Sydney that you visit will advise you on how best to recover after the procedure. The main thing to remember is that you will need to rest in order to give your body the time it needs to recover.
Generally, most side effects can be managed and lessened by resting. Some women feel better after just a couple of days while some women take longer; everyone is different, and you will need to listen to your body. However, regardless of how you feel it is advised that you do not exercise strenuously for the first week after your termination.
Many women find that increased activity, such as returning to work causes more cramping and bleeding. As a result of this, it is important to give your body time to adjust before returning to your normal daily tasks.
It is important to understand that visiting an abortion clinic in Sydney not only has an impact on your body, but it may also affect you emotionally. Some common feelings after the procedure may include:
Most women find that these feelings don’t last very long. However, it can be helpful to talk about your feelings with someone you trust.
Follow up exam
Most abortion clinics in Sydney will offer a follow up exam 3 to 4 weeks after your procedure. This is to ensure that you are fully recovered and there are no further issues.
Although it can be tempting to avoid this exam, especially if all of your side effects have passed, it is recommended that you attend. These exams can also be a good time to talk to a professional about birth control methods and any other concerns you may have.