As far as grocery shopping is concerned, there is no dearth of options today. You can either head to the nearest supermarket or you can buy grocery online. Buying grocery online comes with lot of convenience. However, both have pros and cons. Let’s do an effective comparison of these two to have a clear understanding. One must also remember the fact that it is a lifestyle choice as well.
Advantages of buying grocery online
- Convenience – Convenience has to be the biggest allure of online grocery shopping. You will be able to buy grocery online whenever you wish to. Online stores are open 24×7. Besides, you will be ordering grocery sitting in the comfort of your home. There is no need to get dressed or drive to the nearest supermarket.
- Easy to follow a budget – When you go to the supermarkets it becomes increasingly difficult to keep track of the purchase until you reach the billing table. That is not the case with online grocery shopping. You will be looking at the amount you spend while you add items to the shopping cart. And if you exceed the budget you can easily make adjustments so that you can stick to the budget.
- No need to worry about impulse purchases – Yes, when it comes to online shopping you can put a leash on impulse purchases. Supermarkets know how to tempt you into buying stuff you don’t need. You don’t need to be worried about such trappings in the case of online grocery shopping.
- No need to drive to the location of the supermarket – or in other words, you will be able to save money on the petrol. Moreover, you don’t need to be bothered about the hassles of parking.
- You can compare the price – When it comes to online grocery shopping, you will be able to compare the price of various brands, which will allow you to make an informed decision. You will be quick to realize that same quality products are available under different price tags. If you wish to save money you can do so by avoiding pricey brands.
- You can save some time – As you can imagine, heading the grocery shop is a time consuming process. If you wish to save time you can simply order the items online.
Disadvantages of online grocery shopping
Now we are going to have a look at the disadvantages of online grocery shopping below:
- It can be expensive! – Yes, online shopping can turn out to be an expensive affair at times. Sometimes you get same product for a cheap rate in the supermarket. It might not be the case all the time but at times you might have to deal with this possibility.
- There are no markdowns – When it comes to online grocery shopping you don’t get to have markdowns. Bargains are quite possible when it comes to this one, shopping which isn’t in the case of online shopping.
- Shipping charges – You will have to put up with the shipping charges when it comes to online shopping. At times you can get away with this when you make big purchase. Otherwise you will have to bear shipping charges as well.